Google Personalizing Organic Search Results

Monday, December 15, 2008

Google has always been experimenting on its products, and this time Google is planning to personalize the organic results. The thought is good and when I login to my account and search results I get a new kind of results and now I have an option to rank my favorite sites as number one. I have collected the snapshots of this new interface.

Google has introduced new buttons beside every result. Now you have an option to move the result up or down depending on your choice.

Set your preferences as per your wish that you would like to visit everytime.
I have tried removing couple of results from the listing and these results are removed from the listing and they are placed at the end of the page as removed listings.
This is the feature that I liked a lot. I can write comments about a website and that gets registered below the result.
Apart from what I have mentioned above there is a "Add a Result" link at the end of the page. This is good in some way.

0 comments:

Back to TOP